If you are a physician, medical student or resident in the Southeast Louisiana area, we invite you to join the Medical Association of Southeast Louisiana (MASELA)!
Your decision to join indicates your desire to associate with an organization that represents all physicians, regardless of specialty. Your decision to join the MASELA helps make the voice of all Southeast Louisiana physicians and patients heard.
MASELA offers a wide array of programs and services that help improve the practice of medicine for our members.
We are committed to providing the best for you and your patients by bringing together physicians to promote the science and art of medicine and the professional interests of its members.
How will we accomplish this commitment?
- Bringing together physicians to serve and advocate for the common needs of physician members, their patients, and the community;
- Striving to promote and protect the profession of Medicine, physician autonomy, ethical standards and quality patient care through education and advocacy;
- Supporting and promoting the importance of quality, comprehensive medical education and advocate for appropriate funding to ensure the adequate supply of physicians;
- Advocating for just laws and regulations relating to advancement of the practice of medicine, shall advocate for access to quality, equitable, cost-effective health care, and shall promote the general health and well-being of the community by supporting public health initiatives and disease prevention through education, research and innovation;
- Fostering collegiality among physicians and strive to enhance the personal and professional satisfaction and well-being of physicians; and
- Serving as a resource for its member physicians, their patients, the public and the media.
How can I join?
There are two ways to become a member of the Medical Association of Southeast Louisiana:
1) Join MASELA and an affiliated medical society. The dues are the same for two organizations to represent and serve you, or
2) If there is no affiliated medical society in your area, or if you do not wish to join through the affiliated society, you can become a Direct Member.
You can complete the application online and pay your dues here.
Or, you can complete the application and print it and mail a check to MASELA.
Complete the Application Here.
Become a member and an active part of the dynamic network of physicians, academicians, medical students, and residents and make MASELA your MEDICAL ASSOCIATION!
Questions about membership? Call 301.302.1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.